Hello World - AS3|
1. Create a - Flash File(ActionScript 3.0)
2. Click on the Text Tool 'T' and place a text box on the stage.
3. With the text box still selected, go to the Properties tab, and in the Text Type drop down select dynamic.
There are 3 different types of text boxes:
INPUT - This is a text box you can edit the text of. You can use this for users to enter numbers, names, or other text. This text is selectable.
DYNAMIC - This is a text box that can only be edited by code. You can use it to show a user's score, or other information that can change. This text is selectable.
Static - This is a type of text you can not create with code. You must use the graphic tools to create static text. This type of text is not selectable.
4. Still in the Properties tab, go to the Instance name text box at the top, and type in the name of your text object, I will be using MyText.
5. Now go to your Actions tab, you can do this by pressing F9, or going to Window - Actions in your menu bar.
6. In your Actions tab type:
MyText.text = "Hello World";
7. Hold Control and press Enter. This will render your SWF to show you what your results are. You can also go to Control on your menu bar, then Test Movie to do the same thing.